ONE’S MAN PASSION BECOMING A FULL-TIME BUSINESS
Born by a love for racing and an astute approach to business – the dream of Dragon Racing first began in 2008 with an invitation from Fiorano Ferrari UK for Leon Price and his friend Jack Gerber.
The Ferrari experience welcomed Leon and Jack to a track day at Monza, driving the F430 road cars and 360 Challenge race cars. The Ferrari’s beauty and driving experience left the pair instantly hooked, and over the next 12 months, Leon and Jack attended more than 20 Fiorano track days, acquiring their very own 430 Challenge race cars.
Leon’s first race win came at Snetterton in 2010, during the GT Cup season which led to a growing dedication to the sport, bringing many more podiums to follow.
2011 was a turning point for Leon’s racing passion as his professional driver coach, Rob Barff, persuaded him to purchase the new 458 GT3 Italia. Together, Leon and Rob, entered the car in the new GT Trophy Endurance championship – thus Dragon was first born – the car ran by FF Corse under the ‘Dragon Inc’ name, won all four races at Donnington Park, Snetterton, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch as well as the overall championship.
THE DRAGON’S INFLUENCE
A great affinity between Dragon’s Chairman, Leon Price, and Hong Kong, in which he spent a large portion of his life, fuelled the idea of introducing the Dragon logo and the accompanying number 88.
Highly valued within Chinese culture, these two elements are representations of great power, good luck, and strength – core values embodied by Dragon Racing.
DRAGON RACING TODAY
From a small company of motor enthusiasts, Dragon Racing is now the UAE’s premier Motorsport and Automotive company, specialising in unique track activities, be-spoke events, and supercar maintenance.
Based at the Dubai Autodrome, the Dragon team is made up of over 20 full-time employees and many more international part-time specialists. Managed by CEO Brad Fincham, Dragon has become the leading Ferrari & AMG-approved GT race team in the GCC, counting a total of 262 podiums, 20 championships, and welcoming over 125 drivers so far.
Equipped with a fleet of contemporary race and premium track vehicles, a best-in-class workshop, storage and tyre fitting facility – Dragon Racing provides a service that’s “for the enthusiast by the enthusiasts”.
Enriched by marketing and events executives, professional multilingual driver coaches, and factory-trained technicians, Dragon Racing is the solution to ultra-high-end retail Driving Experiences, Corporate Events, Premium Track and Test Days at incredible venues around the Middle East since 2014.
DRAGON’S RACING PEDIGREE
Dragon Racing first began as an international racing team and has since amassed an extensive record of success with race wins at tracks all around the world. These bold ambitions now go beyond the track, where Dragon has developed into a high-octane-fueled leisure provider without forgetting its origins.
- ‘Dragon Racing’ in the UAE – a partnership formed with a local team.
- The car that made it all start – the Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia. Shipped from the UK to Dubai.
- UAE GT Championship – with the Ferrari 458GT3 under the name ‘Dragon Inc’.
- 5/6 wins secured the Championship, creating interest from local GCC drivers.
- Pit garage 12 at Dubai Autodrome – Dragon’s physical race centre.
- The starting fleet – 2 Ferrari 458GT3 Italia, 3 Ferrari 458 Challenge, 6 McLaren Sprint, and 1 Radical LM SR8.
- ‘Dragon Racing DMCC’ birth – HQs are established on the 7th floor of the Silver Tower in Jumeirah Lake Tower Dubai.
- First Dubai 24 Hours race – with the Ferrari 458GT3 Italia as ‘Dragon Racing’.
- Gulf 12 Hours race – with the MP4 12C McLaren and Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia.
- Blancpain Endurance Series – with the McLaren 12C GT3.
- SPA 24 Hours – qualified on pole with the McLaren 12C GT3.
- ‘Dragon Racing International LLC’ – is formed.
- Launch of Dragon Racing luxury events – at Yas Marina Circuit and Dubai Autodrome.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – win in the A6 Pro-Am category with a Ferrari 458 GT3.
- NGK Racing Series – 1st participation at Yas Marina Circuit and Dubai Autodrome. Winners of the Championship.
- HQ is rehoused in Dubai Investment Park – a 5000 sq/ft facility housing a back office, a workshop with double car lifts, and a spares’ store.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – win of the A6-AM category on board the Ferrari 458 GT3.
- Gulf 12 Hours race – celebration of 3rd place in-class podium at Yas Marina Circuit.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – the home race! Once again champions of the A6-AM category.
- Le Mans Classic – with the Lotus 15 and the Moretti 750 Gran Sport Barchetta.
- UAE F4 – Dragon joins the Championship.
- Dragon’s F4 win with todays McLaren F1 driver, Oscar Piastri.
- ‘Race School 2’ building becomes available in Dubai Autodrome – the 20,000 sq/ft are the new HQs of ‘Dragon Racing International’.
- Saudi GT – with the McLaren 650S GT3.
- Ferrari 333 SP – shakedown at Fiorano Circuit.
- UAE F4– win of the Team and Driver’s Championship with current Audi factory driver, Charles Weerts.
- UAE F4 season – expansion from 1 to 3 cars.
- Dutch Supercar Challenge– with the Ferrari 458 GT3.
- Club Challenge Middle East in Bahrain International Circuit – 1st participation as ‘Dragon Racing with Ferrari’ technical support team of Ferrari Middle East.
- TRD86 Cup Championship – with the first Saudi Arabian licensed female racing driver on the podium, Reema Juffali.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – entering with the AMG GT4.
- Gulf 12 Hours race – with the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – GTX Category Winners with the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo.
- Passione Ferrari Club Challenge Middle East, Season 1 – participation of 5 rounds between Yas Marina Circuit and Dubai Autodrome.
- UAE F4 season – with racing driver, Reema Juffali.
- F3 Asian Championship in Dubai– participation with 2 international drivers.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – P2 GT4 in class with Dragon’s AMG.
- Passione Ferrari Club Challenge Middle East, Season 2 – 5 rounds between Dubai Autodrome, Yas Marina Circuit and Bahrain International Circuit.
- Dubai 24 Hours race – GT4 class winners with the Dragon’s Mercedes AMG.
- Passione Ferrari Club Challenge Middle East, Season 3 – 6 rounds around the GCC race tracks: Dubai Autodrome, Yas Marina Circuit, Bahrain International Circuit, Kuwait Motor Town and Jeddah Corniche Circuit.
DRAGON RACING HEADQUARTERS
On the 15th September 2017, Dragon Racing opens the doors to their new Headquarters in the heart of Dubai Autodrome. Bringing together all elements of the business under one roof.
As you walk through the front doors you are greeted by our Retail Showroom space and Espresso Bar. This area accommodates race drivers, corporate clientele & the general public.
A museum containing personalised scale model race cars, trophies, and black & white photos displaying some of the most exciting moments in the history of both the automotive and motorsport industries, as well as highlighting some of Dragon Racing’s own victories.
The Dragon Race Shop hosts a variety of products – many of which being well-known brands: Sabelt Racewear, MRTC Race Radios, Bell Design helmets, HANS devices, Puma x Ferrari clothing, Amalgam and Built-up car Models, plus Paul Oz paintings.Race Shop
Leading from the reception area is a dedicated office space, the Dragons Lair – responsible for all of Dragon’s financial and administrative activities, along with the boss’ office.
A separate entrance to the right off the reception area leads into the Le Mans recreational room which houses our dedicated simulator and data analysis rooms, a dining facility, and Dragons’ nascent motoring library. All of which is complemented by our custom-made Toulet pool table and a separate lounging area.
Through the Le Mans room, you reach the vast in-house, air-conditioned vehicle storage facility housing both the luxury road cars alongside race cars.
Before finally arriving at the Workshop, where we have brought together our GT and Radicals, our engineering machine shop, engine build room and spare parts department.
Several rooms and areas are suitable to host bespoke corporate events, dinners, and product launches.Schedule a Viewing